I adapted my simple chocolate chip cookie recipe in order to make these delicious Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies. In part because I was keen to use brown sugar for a richer taste and the sea salt flakes were mainly just so I could do some sprinkling. A bit like confetti but also to feel cool and hip. Before you ask, yes I have been watching too much reality TV cooking shows. But no, I REGRET NOTHING! And neither will you if you give these a go!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKE TIME: 15-20 minutes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
80g Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
150g Self Raising Flour
100g Dark Chocolate Chips
Few drops of Vanilla Extract (concentrated)
Sea Salt Flakes
WHAT TO DO
- Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and combine with the chocolate chips.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes over the ball.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- After removed from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Apply to face!