The legend of Gerald is still going strong what with this Pumpkin and Sweetcorn soup! By far one of the easiest things to make thanks to my good ol’ slow cooker. Plus Little Man had numerous bowls so it’s not only cheap as chips but simple deliciousness for all ages too!
Prep Time : 30 minutes
Cook Time : 4-5 hours
We’d actually already prepared the pumpkin when we made our Thai Inspired soup. So my prep time here was really only around ten minutes to chop the onion and chuck everything in the slow cooker. Happy Days!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1 kilo pumpkin
2 brown onions
500ml of chicken stock
125ml double cream
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
Salt + Pepper (to taste)
* around a tablespoon of each
WHAT TO DO
- Place the spices, ginger and garlic into the slow cooker and turn on high;
- While the spices heat up, skin and dice your pumpkin and chop the onion into chunks – add to the slow cooker as you go;
- Place all the other ingredients in the slow cooker and give a good stir;
- Put the lid on and leave for around four-five hours or until pumpkin is completely soft;
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a blender in batches. Remember to simply cover with a tea towel so that the steam can escape and you avoid getting pumpkin all over your kitchen!
- Once all blitzed and relatively smooth (it will be a bit textured due to the sweetcorn) it’s ready to eat! Do yourself a favour, and drizzle some cream on because OHMYSWEETBABYJEEBUS! Literally almost finished me off.
We like to mix up our bread choices when it comes to soup, so this was served with a slice of lovely toasted Bruschetta.