Hi everyone. I’m back after a short break from blogging (a few days counts as a break, right?). I have to say, I was overwhelmed with the messages of encouragement I received pretty much as soon as my last post went up – it was unexpected and much appreciated. I was also pleasantly surprised to know a fourteen year old (Alice) was “gutted” and that I’m officially down with the youth of today (her Mum’s words!). However, on a serious note, there are going to be some changes around these here parts.
Due to various reasons I will no longer be putting photos of Hubby, Little Man and myself on here – unless the angle or my awesome camera skillz makes them unidentifiable. You may notice that previous blog posts have been/will be re-worked to remove any pictures that showed us in full view (luckily for me there isn’t many). A brief explanation as to why I was thinking of stopping:
1. To protect the privacy of my loved ones (so please, do not use their real names when leaving comments. Little Man and Hubby is fine or if you prefer, Dr Jedi Van Fro and Copperhead);
2. Due to career ambitions and potential implications it could cause later down the track;
3. I’m also not going to lie, I do worry about strangers reading my blog and having access to photos of my son. I’ve watched Law & Order: SVU so know about these things;
4. I was also greatly concerned with how my sharing would impact LM in later years – I will be embarrassing enough as it it without his classmates dredging up boyhood stories of him!
5. I always have had, and probably always will, an uneasiness about the permanency of internet content and social media. I am aware I am particularly mindful when it comes to sharing and what might seem like a simple photo or tidbit of information to some can cause me to have nervous twitch. It’s primarily the reason I don’t share many pictures of LM on my personal Facebook page. On the other hand, in years to come LM will always have this blog to read.
I’m also embarking on some tertiary study which greatly influenced my thought process regarding the blog – put simply, will I have enough time? I’m thinking that the regularity of my posting may be less frequent. I normally post 3-4 times per week but it now may only be once a week or fortnight – I’m still figuring that part out and what time will be available with my new workload. Posting might be a little erratic during this first semester until I find my feet.
Anyway, I’m glad to be back – I hope you’re pleased about it too? Or is it just all about this guy…?
I’m also curious to know, what are your thoughts on sharing and social media? Does it not bother you at all or are you someone who is very careful?
Until next time,